BreakfastTable with Holly Garner
- Garner developed IGDC out of her own love for photography.
- Believes that instagram cultivates community involvement through socialization of people sharing their passions.
- IGDC began with an informal happy hour in October 2011, which has grown into a community of 49.7k followers.
- Events are always completely free, which was where part of the motivation to partner with museums came from.
- Garner has a personal goal of encouraging people to visit museums because IGDC motivated her to revisit museums she hasn't visited since her youth.
- Garner prioritizes creating mutually beneficial events with arts spaces; allowing photographers in gives the museum free promotion and images of their space.
- IGDC is part of a larger conversation about the effects of allowing photography in museums.